Thursday, May 12, 2005

“Tea Leaves” by Esmond Ng 12/05/05 © copyright

Wrote this for Joanna's friend. I can totally empathize with you as I've been through exactly the same issue 4 years ago. Take heart and pray. God's there. Here's my version of a deliberating encouragement.

“Tea Leaves” by Esmond Ng 12/05/05 © copyright
============================================

Away on slopes of different air,
Where ye painting on wall is really nature’s own;
Mountains line the pearly clouds,
That’s where my tea leaves grows’t.

The green that edges ye horizon,
The vast color of which serene grown;
Yet with each harvest that comes along,
Only the top leaves nonpareil.

Grey be by name my favorite tea,
Though woody and spicy it’s taste be;
Equivalent I say, it be Shiraz of tea,
But pleasure to palate it surely brings to Thee.

Like all good things Life which brings,
Thou needs really look beyond to see.
Appreciating the simple and ordinary,
Then and only pick the top few leaves.

Along midway sometimes grey it all seems,
Everything so looks going agains’t Thee.
Did I mention no rose beds amongs’t the leaves?
Hold on tight and God’s peace keep.

Even the best are cropp’d and trimm’d,
But like tea leaves they never cease;
Seasons, grows’t and flourishes once again.
So really, should Thee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home