Wednesday, May 18, 2005

“The different same old bridge” by Esmond Ng 18/05/05 © copyright

Was at the Esplanade the whole afternoon and evening on Tuesday. It was drizzling and thus the dark picture. Such a memorable bridge for me, yet it seems the bridge so different now.


The "Differing Poles" Posted by Hello

Ref. “Time of bridge” Tuesday, March 29, 2005.

“The different same old bridge” by Esmond Ng 18/05/05 © copyright
==============================================================

Walk’d back to the all so familiar bridge.
Today it seems gloomy, might may drizzle rain due.
Stopp’d and sat on the same damp seat,
Today it really be different, the same old bridge.

The entire arvo I did spend by the bay,
Waiting for sights so well I knew.
But never did my eagle appear,
Nor my differing poles look pretty still.

People that jostl’d, travelers fearless of ye heaven’s tears.
Flashes that capture memories, all were in use.
Even a newly wed, in angelic whites brave’d;
The rain, which fell on me only feel.

Time on bridge which for we still’d;
Had left my side like which you did too.
Time, no longer a friend on ye lovely bridge.
For grey turned to darks’t and day to night’s way gave.
Nay, the different same old bridge did not stand still.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home