Thursday, May 26, 2005

“Eagles of the Bay” by Esmond Ng © copyright 26/05/05

I’m so happy today! Guess why? I saw my Eagles in play! Was by the Merlion again for 3 odd hours. And from nowhere, out it came!

Hmm….why does the above sound so poetic? Haha. Anyways, I was doing my work there and sipping on my take-away cappuccino. I sat on the lion’s right, first row of steps. Weather was just fantastic this late afternoon. A bit too many tourist though. Then suddenly it happened, I saw my eagle come out to play! (Ref “Time of bridge” Tuesday, March 29, 2005. Ref "The different same old bridge" Wednesday, May 18, 2005.)

I was overjoyed when I saw it! I presume there’s not many around so it must be the same one. Five minutes later, it flew out again. This time a little one was chasing her around!!! I guess that really made my day! Wohoo!

For Bubu,

“Eagles of the Bay” by Esmond Ng © copyright 26/05/05
==================================================

Many times I’ve come and disappointed left.
Many tries for familiar sights to find; refresh.
Yet they seem to elude me with each and every visit,
By the bay, which for me have come to like.

Like may be too light a word used,
Heavy, it should be love the place I do.
Memories I hold dear survive at this bay,
And new paintings, pictures see I each stay.

Today must lucky have been my day,
Wait’d and our Eagle appear’d in soaring height.
Like Cupid’s arrow that dart’d across ye clear blue sky,
So too it was there, that His arrow shot me;
Making me Love’s blind.

That must have been all you’d say.
Elated I be this very day.
However just when all couldn’t be more bright,
Out came a little Eagle chasing His mother’s flight.

Oh how much glee they brought to me,
This day I regret not, myself by this sea.
For I know sometimes Thee doeth the same as me,
Try perhaps too, spot them and thinks’t of me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home