Sunday, December 11, 2005

“Forget Me” by Esmond Ng © copyright 11/12/05

For Bubu,

“Forget Me” by Esmond Ng © copyright 11/12/05
===========================================

Forget you?
Why should I?
For to me you the most pleasant;
Of all my memories present.

Forget you?
And the reason being?
Not that hopes of rekindled feelings hold,
Just as a dear friend I hope still own.

They say:
“Friends are friends forever.”
Ain’t that the way supposed it be?
Then why I feel ostracized and such enmity?

I still do cry out Heavenly One,
Not for Love to come my way.
But for happiness your way,
And all that you wish for to stay.

I may have mistakes made,
Along this lonely path swayed.
But I am just man to err,
Not an excuse but forgiveness please I pray.

At the end of my days,
I still hope to have this memory engraved.
That maybe sweet thoughts of you,
Can keep my beliefs sane.

Oh no, I haven’t changed.
I still believe, I still do keep;
That someday true Love cometh,
This never smooth road runneth.

Then I ask once again.
“Forget me”, “Why?” I say.
For all this searching while for,
A perfect memory I’ve found that day.

2 Comments:

At 6:09 AM, Blogger Kelvin said...

I have forgotten you already and I don't even know you. Maybe tomorrow, I'll remember......!!! (haha) From a krazy blogger down under in new Zealand, who was just passing thru. Take care

 
At 12:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

true love? hmm true love happens only when miracle happen..

im quite negative in true love cos i dun really think there is in this generation.. but to forget a person isnt neccessary..

keep the person at a corner of ur heart where u can see.. when u miss her, glance her awhile and smile..

memories are sweet but truth are bitter.. got to move on when u know its time.. no point thinking of one where she doesnt even love u and doesnt even have the thoughts of rekindle..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home